Each piece has its own voice, its own statement, its own essence. There is a “place” that I enter when I draw and paint. When I first started drawing, I knew nothing about the unique elements of my subject. Now after completing over 100 projects, I seek to show the amazing and beautiful details of my subject, whether it be the leaf scars on a Magnolia branch, the pollen on a stamen or how a whorled leaf attaches to the stem. Each species that I paint is beautiful and a miracle. I am convinced that there is an intelligence here that we have yet to fully understand, a mystery, a joy. Linda🌱
My work is featured at The Gallery at Yorkhall, located in Historic Yorktown.
- Studies in botanical art, ceramics, drawing, design, fiber arts, graphic art, painting, photography, printmaking, and sculpting.
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Marketing and Public Relations, Magna Cum Laude. Wayne State University.
- Botanical Art Demonstrations at The Gallery at York Hall, The Elizabethan Gardens, and The Charles H. Taylor Arts Center
- Botanical Art Lectures to the general public and community groups
- Botanical Artist in Residence The Elizabethan Gardens, 2011-2016
- Program Committee Member, The Williamsburg Botanical Garden 2010-2012.
- Children’s Workshops at 4/H Camp, York County Learning Garden and The Williamsburg Botanical Garden 2010-2012
- Communications Volunteer, This Century Art Gallery 2010-2011
- Original art donated to local non-profit organizations since 2008
- Resident Artist, New Town Art Gallery, Williamsburg, 2012- 2013
- Illustrations for the Virginia Department of Forestry
- Board Member and Newsletter Designer, BASNCR, 2016-2017
Artist Naturalist Instructor
Copyright Linda C. Miller 2008-2020